Within a Payer record, you can create individual payment schedules that are customized for that specific client.
- Go to Payers.
- Locate the existing Payer or create a new one.
- Click Edit (the pen icon) to edit the Payer.
- Go to the tabs at the top of the screen in your Payer record and click Payment Schedule.
- Click the ‘+’ sign to add a schedule.
- Available Payment Methods = Defaults to the primary card but, if multiple cards are saved, you can select the card you want to use for this schedule.
You can leave this selected to the default New Schedule unless you have a generic payment plan already created that you will use for multiple clients. If that is the case, those plans would appear in the dropdown and you could select one.
- Schedule Name = Defaults to Payer’s “Company Name | Cardholder Name Schedule” but you can change it to whatever you would like to call the schedule
- Merchant Account = Select which merchant account the payments should run through
- Frequency = How often you would like to charge the card (If you pick monthly on 9/12, the card will be charged on the 12th every month. If you pick weekly on a Wednesday, the card will be charged every Wednesday.)
- First Payment Date = When you would like the card to be charged for the first time
Payment Type is where you specify how you want to calculate the payments.
- Individual = Enter the amount of each payment and the number of payments. The schedule will calculate the grand total. If you check the box next to In Perpetuity, the schedule will just keep running and charge the card the same amount every month until you cancel the schedule.
- Lump Sum = Enter the total amount you want to charge the client over how many payments and the schedule will calculate how much the card is charged for each payment.
- The top 4 fields are system fields pre-populated with information that is required on the back end for you to get the best rate.
- The remaining fields are your Custom Fields, which are optional. Any information you add will be included on each transaction for reporting purposes.
- Active = Active. If you ever need to turn off the schedule, you would change the dropdown to Inactive and Save.
- If you check the box next to Send Reminder Email (recommended) the system will email your client two days before the schedule runs as a reminder to ensure they have sufficient funds in their account.
Be sure to click Save at the bottom of the page.
Once the schedule is created, you can either monitor it within that Payer record or you can view all schedules in the Payment Schedules section.
When a payment declines, a new Alert is added. Alerts appear in the upper right corner of your screen alongside the other control buttons. When a payment declines, the schedule will continue to bill as set, but the declined payment will need to be resubmitted.